Peaches are in season and they are an oh-so-sweet treat to add to any recipe! Check out this Backyard Hibachi Brunch Special Recipe. It's super simple to cook and the combination of bacon and pancakes turns it into a great dish for the entire family!
Plus, the fresh peaches and brown sugar syrup are sure to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO BELOW FOR A FRONT ROW SEAT OF HOW WE COOK THIS RECIPE ON THE BACKYARD HIBACHI!
Coconut Oil (or whatever other oil/butter you prefer)
2-3 Fresh sliced peaches
3 Tbsp. of Butter
2-3 Tbsp. of brown sugar
For flambéing- high proof alcohol and long handled lighter
- Mix pancake batter according to recipe. Cut bacon in half lengthwise. Slice peaches thinly.
- Heat grill to medium. Cook bacon strips. Put aside. Scrape the grill clean and remove most of the bacon grease, reserving a couple of tablespoons in the cooking center of the grill to add flavor to the pancakes.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of coconut oil to the grill. Put several strips of bacon back in the cooking area of the grill, leaving at least 2 inches of space between them. Pour pancake batter over the bacon strips. Allow to cook. When small bubbles appear in the batter and begin to pop, or when underside is golden brown, flip bacon pancakes and cook until the other side is also golden brown. Stack pancakes to the side of the grill to stay warm. Scrape the grill clean.
- Add 2 more spoonfuls of coconut oil and 3 Tbsps. of butter to the grill. (The coconut oil helps lower the browning point of the butter so you get the flavor without burning your butter.) Once butter is melted, add 2-3 Tbsps. of brown sugar and stir to combine. Stir continuously until the sugar is completely melted and beginning to bubble. Add your fresh sliced peaches and toss to coat with the syrup. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- If you would like to flambe, (not necessary, but always fun!) use your squirt bottle filled with high proof alcohol to add a small amount of alcohol to the mix, then quickly and carefully use a long handled lighter to light the alcohol. Stand back and allow it to flame for 10-15 seconds, then stir to put out the flame. Immediately serve peaches and syrup on top of your bacon pancakes. Top with whipped cream for an extra special treat! Enjoy!