Bacon Fried Rice Backyard Hibachi Style
This week we are featuring one of our favorite recipes out of The Official Backyard Hibachi Cookbook, Bacon Fried Rice! We love finding reasons to cook bacon, and the smell of bacon cooking on a hibachi is like no other. It's also a relatively easy way to make friends with our neighbors. Who doesn't love bacon? And who doesn't love fried rice? Put them together, add some veggies, eggs, and you have quick and delicious meal!
The bacon adds a delightful crispy bite that we just can't get over and we should probably warn you that one bowl might not be enough. This Bacon Fried Rice will have you coming back for more! You know what we love most about this fried rice? With the bacon and egg, you can easily eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack in between.
GO BEYOND THE GRILL!
Check out the video below for a front row seat of how we cook this recipe on the Backyard Hibachi!
Bacon Fried Rice Ingredients
- 1/2 pack bacon, chopped
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2-3 cups rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (to Taste)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 eggs
Bacon Fried Rice Instructions
- Generously oil grill prior to cooking and re-oil between ingredients. High temperature cooking oil recommended.
- Place cooked rice to one corner of hibachi grilltop. Put butter on top of rice pile and allow to melt.
- Place bacon, onion and garlic on medium heat and cook until done. Add mixed vegetables and cook until hot.
- Move bacon and vegetables to the side of the grill top. Crack eggs and scramble.Chop up egg and mix in rice, cooked bacon and veggie mix, add soy sauce to taste and serve once heated and combined.