Happy fall y'all! Here in the south we are excited about the fall season. Many of us down here have been kept inside by the blazing summer temperatures and the fall means we can start to enjoy being outdoors more. The nights start to get cooler and the daytime temperatures are very pleasant. And pleasant weather means an ideal time for grilling on the Backyard Hibachi.
These easy Mushroom Jack Chicken Fajitas are loaded with sautéed mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers. The whole family can have fun cooking these fajitas on a Backyard Hibachi Grill. We top our fajitas off with cheese and bacon, but feel free to add your own twist!
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO BELOW FOR A FRONT ROW SEAT OF HOW WE COOK THIS RECIPE ON THE BACKYARD HIBACHI!
2-4 Chicken breasts
Shredded Monterey jack cheese
8oz Sliced mushrooms
Sliced bell pepper
4-5 slices of bacon
Diced tomatoes or pico de gallo
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. If desired, chicken can be marinated ahead of time. Heat grilltop and oil. Cook chicken breasts on both sides until done. Slice into strips and set to side of grilltop.
- Sauté onions, bell pepper and mushrooms until starting to caramelize. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until slightly crispy and coarsely chop.
- Top each sliced chicken breast with mushrooms and onions, add a handful of shredded cheese and sprinkle with bacon. Allow cheese to melt.
- Create fajitas by putting all this melty goodness in a tortilla and topping with sour cream and diced tomatoes or pico.